Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Pay the Piper

There once was a Lord with no taste
Who thought paying me was a waste
When my services came due
He told me to "Go chew"
So I smiled and bit off his face


Always pay your debts, and do it willingly. For you will pay one way or the other. With your money, or your children, or your face. There is no shame in having debts, but there is no quarter for those who do not repay that which is owed. And don't be fooled by the belief that you are bigger and stronger then your debtor. Remember the man with the flute....

And it was nice to have some sport while I await the coming storm.

3 Comments:

Blogger KristieD said...

nice poem. yours?

9:25 PM  
Blogger A Knight of Swords said...

your kidding right? Have I ever used anothers poem?

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Completedork33 said...

LOVE this one. Very early american Lit.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home