Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Burning For You

I'm not going to lie

This is going to hurt

It's going to hurt alot

We start fires with our passion.
We fuel these flames with our love.
We build pyres of flame for all to see.
And with reckless abandon we spread our flames, for what is Love if not reckless abandon?
We surround ourselves in flames, sealing ourselves in. Keeping them out. Keeping us warm.
Never thinking of a day when we might need to get out.
And the flames grow. Joined by the fires of rage.
Stoked by the spears of doubt. Colored by the fuels of pain.
These walls like a nova, have become a cell.
It's time to go, but there is no way out.
No way but through.

And it's going to hurt.

And it's going to leave scars.

And I can't tell you how to leave. Perhaps quickly, with a desperate leap.
Spitting venom in the hopes that it will douse the flames that will lick your skin.
Maybe slowly. With carefull thought and contemplation. Regardless,

it's gonna hurt.

It's gonna hurt alot.

I know, because I wait.

I wait....not outside....not inside....but in between

Smoldering.

Still burning...

For you.



It's time to go.

And Im not going to lie.

This is going to hurt

1 Comments:

Blogger KristieD said...

sorta reminds me of my whirpool...

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home